Asset protection and maximising our landlord’s investment income is our number one priority and one way to ensure this is to market and rent the property in the quickest possible time, to the best possible tenant, paying the highest possible rent.
We understand that when a tenant gives notice that this can be a stressful time for some landlords who rely on regular rental payments to meet mortgage commitments.
Below are some tips on how we can work together to reduce extended vacancy periods and lost income:
- Advertise and market the property as soon as the tenant gives notice.
- Ensure that all property photos; the wording describing the features and benefits of the property that are displayed on the Internet (and in all marketing material) stands out over other properties.
- Consider video tours and floor plans in the advertising and marketing campaign. Research has shown that property video tours receive 300%+ more engagement than photos on the Internet.*
- Ensure that the property is well-maintained, clean, with great street appeal to attract quality tenants. This may require some property upgrades in between tenancies.
- Correctly price the weekly rent to ensure that it aligns with the market rent of similar properties. There may be different times of the year where rents can fluctuate, depending on the supply and demand of tenants and properties.
- In quiet times, when tenant demand is low, offer incentives to attract more interest. A member of our team can discuss the different options with you if necessary.
- Listen to the feedback from tenants following a viewing.
- Offer valued added features such as appliances, internet/NBN, solar, or the inclusion of pool or garden care where applicable.
IMPORTANT: This is not advice. Clients should not act solely on the basis of the material contained in this newsletter. Items herein are general comments only and do not constitute or convey advice per se. Every effort is made to ensure the contents are accurate at the time of publication. Clients should seek their own independent professional advice before making any decision or taking action. We take no responsibility for any subsequent action that may arise from the use of this newsletter. Published by the PPM GROUP – www.ppmgroup.com.aurussian outbound travel agents list